Thursday, December 1, 2011

Cover Letter


Alexandra Rosales
661-805-0843

To Whom it May Concern:

I am a junior at Fresno State University and in the Sign Language interpreting program. I look forward to my future internship, but understand that it will take much observation, dedicated practice, and a greater comprehension of the role of interpreter.

I first got introduced to American Sign Language at a junior college in Bakersfield, Bakersfield College. It wasn’t until upon registering for ASL 2 I decided to go out on a limb and dive into the world of Sign Language interpreting. I had much encouragement from my instructor as well as Deaf friends. After completing ASL at Bakersfield College I transferred to Fresno State University to become apart of their interpreting program. I have continued and completed my ASL classes and have gathered a greater understanding of Deaf Culture here at Fresno State. I am involved with the Deaf community and have recently been introduced to Deaf-Blind Culture. I make sure that I make good use of what I have learned in class out in the community.

Through my classes I have also been introduced to the codes and rules interpreters follow as well as learning to react to different ethical situations. I also have learned of groups, and organizations that are true supporters of the Deaf community that I could be working with in the future. I look forward to the challenges the interpreting program has in store for me so that I may become the best that I can be so that the Deaf community can work with true advocates of their language and culture who understand professionalism. I am determined and motivated to continue my interpreting courses and training at Fresno State.


Sincerely,

Alexandra Rosales


No comments:

Post a Comment