Thursday, December 1, 2011

Professional Plan


CDDS 166
 Alexandra Rosales

These goals will only be possible to attain as long as I stay focused, and determined to become the best I can be. I will set aside time in each day to practice and perfect my skills and knowledge of ASL and Deaf culture. I am not one to take things lightly so I plan to work extremely hard so that my best may be portrayed. I hope to greatly increase my signing and receptive skills by November 2012 so that I am able to be ready for internship the following semester. Challenging myself and putting myself to the test before internship can only benefit me so that during internship I can continue to challenge my skills so that I can be better prepared for life after graduation and the interpreting world.

GOAL FOR FLOW:  To increase the fluidity of my signing, while in conversations where the communication mode is ASL, enough to label my skills as adequate.
OBJECTIVE BY NOVEMBER 2012:
*     Study videos offered by Gallaudet University to see good examples of fluid signing as well as other sites.
o   http://www.youtube.com/
*     Have spent at least 3 hours a week studying the fingerspelling videos provided in the ASL Lab.

GOAL FOR SIGN PARAMETERS: To minimize my errors so that I may produce correct and consistent sign production in the 4 parameters of ASL along with non-manual signs.
OBJECTIVE BY NOVEMBER 2012:
*     Have spent a minimum of 7 hours per week conversing with close Deaf friends and other members of the Deaf community, focusing on improving the fluidity of my signing.
*     Have taken numerous tests offered by specific website. (Listed Below)
*     Studied different settings and the vocabulary required, and using sites to use the parameters correctly such as:
o   http://www.aslpro.com/

GOAL FOR ASL STRUCTURE: To increase the quality of my ASL structure, grammar and the use of nouns, verbs, and adjectives. Reduce mouthing and use of PSE.
OBJECTIVE BYNOVEMBER 2012:
*   Have attended at least one Deaf summer camp to work as a counselor at one of the following summer camps:


GOAL FOR USE OF SPACE: To utilize classifiers and role shifting appropriately when in conversation.
OBJECTIVE BY NOVEMBER 2012:
*   Performed and Posted my own performance videos on youtube.com of stories, poetry, music etc.
*   Examine the use of space of other individuals using youtube.com and see there interpretations of musical and performing pieces.
o    http://deafyouvideo.blogspot.com/p/deaf-comedy.html

GOAL FOR EYE GAZE: Learn to better use eye gaze in agreement with my ASL grammar and classifiers.
OBJECTIVE BY NOVEMBER 2012:
*   Have consistency with my eye gaze during conversations.
*   Have created and recorded multiple dialogues that requires my eye gaze to be in agreement with what I am signing.
*   Have analyzed the proper eye needed for conversation as well as when signing from a narrative perspective.

SKILLS TO CONTINUE PRODUCING: Continue to have fluidity in my fingerspelling and use of facial expressions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment